Folsom Powerhouse Groundbreaking Ceremony – Oct 23rd
By now you’ve probably seen us rambling online about a new project in Francisville – Folsom Powerhouse. Somehow we haven’t mentioned it on the blog yet, so we are remedying that today with the announcement of our first event for the project. On Wednesday, October 23rd we will be shoveling dirt ceremoniously at 3PM to celebrate the imminent construction of this exciting new project.
We are hosting this event along with our development and construction partners on this project – Equinox MC. We’ve coerced some people who were instrumental in making this project a reality and influencing it’s design. See the list of speakers lined up to date below:
- Brian Abernathy – Director, Philadelphia Redevelopment Authority
- Alex Dews – Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
- Penelope Giles – Executive Director, Francisville NDC
- Brian Phillips – Interface Studio Architects
- Jenny Sabin – Jenny Sabin Studio
- Jonathan Weiss – Equinox MC
- Chad Ludeman – Postgreen Homes
The best part of the day is arguably after the on site festivities due in part to our sponsors, Land Services USA. We will move the party on down to the Urban Saloon at 4 PM just down the street on Fairmount Ave where we’ve exchanged green stuff in advance for free food and drinks for you. This part of the event will contain some posters and a bunch of handouts going into much more detail on the projects and the individual units for sale and rent.
Register for the event at our Eventbrite Page to ensure you get at least one of the coveted free drink tokens. It only takes half a minute and it’s the right thing to do. It will be a good time and more details about both portions of the event will be released soon.
Additions Since Original Posting
- Penelope Giles of the Francisville NDC added to speaker list
- Land Services USA added as our first event sponsor